Immigrant Visa Question - Thank you
Thank you for your inquiry to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Please be aware that due to the large volume of inquiries submitted, routine questions regarding the immigrant visa application process will NOT receive a response. Information regarding general application procedures, appointment dates, priority date status/currency, timing of scheduling, document preparation before visa interview, and other routine questions are available on our websites, linked below. We will respond to case-specific email inquiries only within 5 business days.
PLEASE ALLOW 5 BUSINESS DAYS FOR A RESPONSE; REPEATED EMAILS WILL ONLY PUSH BACK YOUR INQUIRY DATE AND FURTHER DELAY A RESPONSE TO YOUR CASE.
For inquiries about the U.S. visa application process or document preparation, including answers to commonly asked questions, please visit http://ustraveldocs.com a website maintained by our authorized partner. General immigrant visa application information, including F.A.Q.s, is also available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs public website and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service website.
- Cases in transit from the NVC may take 6 or more months to reach the Consulate. We will contact you when we have received your case and it is ready for processing.
- If you have not yet had your visa interview, please follow the instructions we sent to you to schedule your interview. Do NOT try to schedule an interview appointment until you have been contacted directly by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou and instructed to do so.
- If your visa application is already in progress, we will contact you when there is any action you need to take on your case.
- If you have already had your visa interview, please follow the instructions given to you by the consular officer at the time of your interview in order to submit any required documents.
- If your case is undergoing administrative processing and you have already waited 150 days from the date of your interview or the submission of supplemental documents please visit our website to submit an inquiry.
Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou